A little bit more about Illinois Vision 20/20

“The real winners in life are the people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better.”
– Barbara Pletcher

I have written and shared about the Illinois Vision 20/20 initiative in the past, and with this post, I’m sharing a presentation they have posted in an effort to further inform and share about this collaborative partnership.

Today I visited one of our award winning elementary schools, Kipling school, appropriate also as this is National Poetry Month! As I walked the halls and as I visited with students and teachers I proudly proclaim that we have excellent teachers and we maximize our resources and we stand for the tenets of all that public education stands for and has stood for over time! From reading, writing, thinking, speaking, listening, individual work, group work, student led conversations and teacher led conversations, I enjoyed the energy, quality learning environment and overall palpable feel of purpose and meaning. Our commitment to 21st Century Learning is apparent, evident and profound! Our teachers are transforming learning in support of student futures. Our teachers are leveraging technological tools in support of student learning at all grade levels and subject areas.

I often seek reflection and guidance from quotes … here is an old yet quite relevant quote that relates to the purposes of the Vision 20/20 initiative as well as the purposes for public education:

“Knowledge — that is, education in its truest sense — is our best protection against unreasoning prejudice, and panic-making fear, whether engendered by special interest, illiberal minorities or panic-stricken leaders.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt

As you view the short slide show from Illinois Vision 20/20 be sure to visit their website if you are interested in more information. Please click the right arrow to advance the slides manually.