Celebrating Education – #AEW2016 – American Education Week

“I swing big, with everything I’ve got, I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.”
– Babe Ruth

Celebrating American Education Week!

November 14-18, 2016

download

What is American Education Week?

American Education Week—November 14-18, 2016—will present all Americans with a wonderful opportunity to celebrate public education and honor individuals who are making a difference in ensuring that every child receives a quality education.

2016’s theme, “Great Public Schools: A Basic Right and Our Responsibility,” was reflected in special observances each day of the 2016 weeklong celebration:

• Monday, November 14, 2016: Kickoff Day
  • Tuesday, November 15, 2016: Parents Day
  • Wednesday, November 16, 2016: Education Support Professionals Day
  • Thursday, November 17, 2016: Educator for a Day
  • Friday, November 18, 2016: Substitute Educators Day

Read more about the history of American Education Week.

In the Deerfield Public Schools District 109 we like to honor, celebrate, and encourage all members of the district, teachers, support staff, administrators, board members, students, parents, business partners, etc. It’s nice to have formal days/weeks like the American Education Week because we also get an additional excuse to say Thank you!

ENGAGE, INSPIRE, EMPOWER
ENGAGE, INSPIRE, EMPOWER

We are proud to “brand” and “tell our stories” every day through multiple media sources including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN; we are especially proud to share via the district hashtag: #Engage109 The stories of excellence are found in the classrooms, training rooms, boar rooms, and all over our community.

We have been in “business” since 1847 and we have no plans to stop providing world class educational opportunities for all children. Our award winning schools, teachers, administrators, learning spaces, and district continue to inspire us to work harder, lead stronger, and excel in every way possible.

download-1

This week we will give each and every employee a “high five” as a thank you and as our continued gratitude and appreciation for the selfless, innovative, and engaging work they provide for children every day! Horace Mann is credited with stating:

Education then, beyond all other devices of human origin, is the great equalizer of the conditions of men, the balance-wheel of the social machinery.

In our school system we are focused on meeting the needs of all children and making certain that all children deserve and are capable of an education that is meaningful, engaging, relevant, and purposeful.

Please join us in saying THANK YOU to our educators during

American Education Week.

Engage, Inspire, Empower

Also this week:

From a good friend and co-worker:

“Ironically, while we celebrate another year of life for [my husband], the world prepares to celebrate World Pancreatic Cancer Day, which will take place next week on November 17th. In celebration of [his] inspiring battle with cancer, please consider supporting an organization that funds research for Pancreatic Cancer. Contributions from these organizations played a major role in funding research that led to [his] treatment. Imagine a day when pancreatic cancer is detected early enough that survival rates improve dramatically.”