Experimenting with Pod Casting as well as some information for you!

With this blogpost, I am adding a “voice bo” podcast message (3 minute audio recording). As I endeavor to “Model the Way” I often experiment with instructional and administrative software and web 2.0 and 3.0 tools to enhance communication and ultimately learning! So … at the bottom of this post you will find a “widget” that you can click to hear the message http://VoiceBo.com/g7Wbzr that should link you to an audio message. This is one of many podcasting options and I am looking at ways to enhance communication from my office to the community.

Of the many initiatives we are considering this year, one “big” one is the Superintendent’s Task Force for Middle Level Education. This task force, with six subcommittees: World Language Study, Social Emotional Education Study, STEM Study, Fine Arts Study, Encore/Elective/Selective/Exploratory Study, and Tracking/Gifted Education Study, will work to review and plan for transformative educational options for our middle schools. For example, the Social Emotional Study will address topics such as bullying, leadership, and educational equity issues, while the World Language Study will look at current offerings as well as possible expanded or modified offerings.

We will be seeking membership on this Task Force, by subcommittee, from students, staff, administrators, community, and members of the Board of Education. We will share more information on this Blog, the Website, as well as through internal and external communications.

Please take a moment to listen to the pod cast, feel free to offer feedback and suggestions, and thank you for continuing to Engage, Inspire, and Empower students, staff, and community each and every day!